Monday, June 22, 2009

MY TOWN MONDAY-CORRIDORS LITERARY MAGAZINE


Children reading.




CORRIDORS is a one-time only literary magazine to celebrate a group of writers that came together thirty years ago. I was not part of that group--had never thought of writing seriously then. My story is a very different one from my usual stuff--and in fact I wrote it before I ever tried my hand at crime fiction.

If you look at the site at all, read the heart-breaking story of Steve Tudor, to whom the issue is dedicated. His name still resonates with all of those people who went through the creative writing program at Wayne State University and those in writing groups still associated with it today. Many thanks to Jane Dobija who put this all together and to Anthony Ambrogio who worked so hard to edit and create this site. Sorry to be so late with MY TOWN MONDAY.

7 comments:

David Cranmer said...

CORRIDORS has a nice layout for a online magazine and I've bookmarked it. And Steve Tudor sounded like a gifted person whose poetry I will have to search out.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Probably will just be this one anniversary issue of what was once a print journal. Thanks, David.

Charles Gramlich said...

I have not heard of corridors. Will have to check it out.

Barbara Martin said...

Patti, your story is a perfect little 'slice of life' I really like to read.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Barbara-Thank you so much. Your opinion means a lot to me.

Todd Mason said...

A good grapple, that story, Patti. Sorry it hits so close to home, in general spirit if not in detail.

"Misandryny," I found myself subvocalizing, but I'm like that.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Todd- I actually wrote this story five years ago or more-- before I had parental issues. It was about a friend's mother. Little did I know it was a warning from the beyond.