Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


I am thankful for all of the people who have written reviews for Friday's Forgotten Books in the last 20 months. Especially those who do one nearly every week. I am thankful for Jeff Pierce who takes this pleasant task on with me.

I am thankful for the all the editors of zines who put in so many hours of work so that others can see their stories in print.

I am thankful for Graham Powell, who keeps Crimespot afloat.

I am thankful that "blogger" is free and lets me indulge myself.

I am thankful for the writers who take up my challenge for a flash fiction piece.

I am thankful for the generosity of almost everyone I run into on blogland. Sharing pieces of themselves with people they will probably never meet. Your advice is always valued as are your recommendations.

I am thankful for my husband, who listens to me chatter on about people he doesn't know at all and even asks questions. I AM VERY THANKFUL FOR HIM IN EVERY WAY. How many spouses have never made you cry or go to bed angry in 42 years? He has supported me in every way every day since we met.

I am thankful that my Dad is still with us, turning 95 tomorrow and all the rest of my friends and family members.


11 comments:

Richard Robinson said...

That's a wonderful and touching post, Patti. Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family and happy birthday to your father.

Terrie Farley Moran said...

What a beautiful post.

We are thankful for YOU.

Terrie

pattinase (abbott) said...

And you, Terrie.

Deb said...

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

(My husband has been smoking the turkey since midnight...I can hardly wait--but first I have to make the side dishes, so I'm off!)

David Cranmer said...

Tell your dad Happy Birthday. And I hope you have a great feast with the family.

pattinase (abbott) said...

David-be safe. I think about you often.
Deb. I agree. MY DARK PLACES is my favorite although I haven't read many.

George said...

Phil is also lucky to have you for a wonderful wife, Patti. It takes two to make a good marriage. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

le0pard13 said...

Same to you and yours, Patricia.

Cormac Brown said...

May your pop make it well past the century mark and Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the family!

pattinase (abbott) said...

Thanks, Cormac. And you and yours as well.

Jerry House said...

The dumbest toy ever was Mr. Potato Head when they stopped using real potatoes.

Hope you and yours had a bountiful and joyous holiday.