Monday, February 15, 2010

Bald Faced Liar, Maybe?

1. Thank the person who gave this to you. (Thanks, Evan).
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth - or - switch it around and tell six outrageous truths and one outrageous lie.
5. Nominate seven "Creative Writers" who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.

Truth or Lies?
1. My husband dated Liza Minnelli the summer before we met.







2. My brother was arrested at Woodstock.








3. I dated President Ford's son, Michael, when he was a student at Gordon Theological Seminary and I was a student at the college.






4. Two police officers pulled their guns on me in Virginia Beach in 1966.





5. The thing I am most scared of-animals dressed in clothes.







6. When Megan first moved to New York, I spotted a second story man climbing into her building, called 911, and the police caught him.




7. My great grandfather was chased out of office as City Comptroller in Philly for paving his street first.





Deserving Recipients of this Award:
(No hard feelings if you don't want to play).
J. Kingston Pierce
Clair Dickson
Randy Johnson
Fleur Bradley
Loren Eaton
Dorte
Any woman of mystery


My Truth(s) or Lie(s) will be revealed in a day or two. Best guesser wins a No-Prize.

17 comments:

Enchanted Oak said...

You are so good at outrageous lies!

Evan Lewis said...

These all sound very convincing except #4 (the cops would probably have handed you a lollipop instead of pulling their guns) and #5 (because animals in clothes are so dang cute).

Todd Mason said...

Patti has admitted to a certain sustained unease around clothed animals and animal-like characters...hence the famous Disneyland wig-out of 1968...leading us all to speculate as to what Grey Ops she might've been engaging in in Florida, the state that can't govern straight, against what Orlando attraction. You'll note the careful syntax of that entry.

Welcome back to Day-Twah, Patti, where it's...warm?

Richard S. Wheeler said...

All true.

George said...

#3, #5, and #6 are TRUE.

Todd Mason said...

And, Evan, you might never have been at Virginia Beach, the most New Yor1k City-'tude-stereotypical of "resort" cities. At age 11, in the mid '70s, I was almost run down by speeding Funsters on the main drag a pretty amazing (to me) dozen times in one week's visit; at one of those incidents, I was yelled at by one of VB's finest for crossing with the lights in my favor, what the hell was I thinking? If Robert Arthur had thought of doing a Three Doomed Sould series of YA Gold Medals, it would've been set in the VB I knew, at least. (But I had to wait till college for cops to actually pull weaponry on me...at a traffic stop...on campus...on a Sunday...in Summer...because I had made a California stop on the way to my radio show. Virginia again, where the in the '80s sent all the most callow state po' to work out their stupid on the state U campuses. Did I mention that VA is only a step/cut above FL politically?)

pattinase (abbott) said...

Todd-you have a colorful story for every state. Evan-I took on the mantle of middleclass only in middle age. Richard is almost right.

C. Margery Kempe said...

My guess would be that #7 is the only false one and only false because it was a different city?

David Cranmer said...

Man, I'm interested in hearing the answers to the first four. If any are true, then we need a full blog post!

YA Sleuth said...

I'm up: http://yasleuth.blogspot.com/

Not as good as yours, but what the hell :-)

Dorte H said...

Thank you for thinking of me, but the few horrible truths I have experienced are not my stories to tell so ...

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear the real stories behind these.

Jeff M.

I'm guessing #1 is true - who hasn't dated Liza?

Terrie Farley Moran said...

Nicely done, Patti.

Unless someone else volunteers, The Women of Mystery may take a pass.

Terrie

Lolita Breckenridge said...

You are an excellent liar. I'm doing this too!

Terrie Farley Moran said...

Patti,

Kathy Ryan has taken up the gauntlet over at Women of Mystery.

Terrie

Kathleen A. Ryan said...

Hi Patti,

I was going to let you know that I've taken up your challenge, but Terrie so nicely told you first! I even have a theme to my truth/lies; it's a Celebrity Edtion...

Here's the link:
http://www.womenofmystery.net/2010/02/truth-or-lie-celebrity-edition.html

Greg Bardsley said...

These are some pretty interesting tales, especially the brushes with fame. How could the Ford story not be true? And I can't help it -- I *want* to believe the Liza story.