Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday's Forgotten Books, June 17, 2010

The work of my great, great grandfather, John Neis, a potter during the Revolutionary War. (Philadelphia Museum of Art). As I think I have mentioned the name NASE was spelled at least six or eight ways.

My brother said I went overboard with the greats.



Taking a week off, but Todd Mason is collecting book reviews right here.

Thanks for the kind words. In Columbus OH it routinely rains with the sun out but no rainbows although the WIZARD OF OZ is playing here.

9 comments:

Ron Scheer said...

What a beautiful, timeless creation. Would love to see it full-size. My ancestors were bakers and their creative output - museum worthy as it may have been - was all consumed.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I thought we were taking the week off! Well I guess the book I posted yesterday is sort of an FFB...

Anonymous said...

That is a very impressive plate, Patti. One of the highlights of our trips to Europe was a visit to the factory in Delft.

Jeff M.

Dorte H said...

What a beautiful plate!

Enjoy your weekend off.

Yvette said...

How beautiful, Patti. You are really very fortunate to be able to see this beautiful artistic proof of your own past. I envy you. :)

David Cranmer said...

During the Revolutionary War! That is indeed fabulous family history to hold onto.

Anonymous said...

Patti - What a lovely, lovely creation! Thanks for sharing its history, too. Wow!

Kevin R. Tipple said...

I just discovered this as I thought we had all taken the week off. Sigh. I never know what is going on.....

pattinase (abbott) said...

I needed a week off but apparently some of them didn't.