Saturday, October 15, 2011

Three Days to the Flash Fiction Challenge.




If you have a blog, I will post the link to it. So if you can give me a heads-up by Monday and your blog address if you are new to me, that would be great. It really does work out better if I don't post too many stories on my blog. Since this blog is not a zine, my skills in making your stories look good are minimal.

If you don't have a blog, I'd need the entire story by Monday. And if you identify the picture or send it along, I will post it with the story. I'll do my best to make it look good. My email is on here, I think.

I found this a hard story to write. I always do though. 1000 words is not my favorite speed of travel. I wrote half a story about one picture before deciding it was the most depressing story I'd ever read. So I started over and I hope this one is a bit jollier.

10 comments:

Ron Scheer said...

I may have said this already, but after writing several short stories, this is my first completed flash fiction. 1000 words seem only enough for a single incident - quick set up, quick complication, and quick pay off. Not impossible, but there's not an inch of room for slack...Mine will be up tomorrow morning. Thanks for the challenge.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Yes, I find them very difficult. One incident is about it. I'll pick up the link for Tuesday, Ron. Thanks.

Todd Mason said...

Well, yes, the vignette is almost always about one incident or telling situation...that's half the fun.

Todd Mason said...

Inasmuch as Tuesday is Overlooked Film and/or Other A/V Day for me, and for a number of the other respondents to this challenge as well, I hope, I've posted the vignette I wrote this morning a few minutes ago. Hope it's entertaining, and I hope to see an Overlooked entry from everyone who can, as well as a vignette! Thanks. (Hell, I might even match the gift to Occupy Philadelphia or some similar charity or charities, in my bandwagon way.)(And there's s slim chance I'll write another vignette by tomorrow night, one actually under 1K words, just to help deplete the legendary Nase-Abbott family fortune. So, what's the tight connection with the Association, Patti? Do I remember that Megan taught there?

Charles Gramlich said...

Wish I could but midterms are coming up.

Marylinn Kelly said...

My story will be posted on my blog at: www.marylinnmlkelly.blogspot.com

Thanks for the great challenge, for it certainly was one for me. My first intentionally flash fiction, as to length and fiction, not non.

My email is mmlkell@aol.com if you need to reach me. Hope your raise a good amount. M.

Marylinn Kelly said...

You, not your. Sheesh.

Kieran Shea said...

Patti, I'm in...right>?

Todd Mason said...

Well, Patti, arguably I cost you another five dollars tonight. You get two stories, ten dollars. Me vignette you long time.

Todd Mason said...

Hey, and the newer one is just about a thousand words, too...