Thursday, May 07, 2015

Terrie Farley Moran's Book Shelf




What books are currently on your nightstand? 

I’m embarrassed to admit that the book on top of the heap is my own Well Read, Then Dead because—TA DA—the large print edition was just released and I can read it without my glasses. So I read a few pages now and again for the sheer joy of large print. I am thrilled to have an ARC of ELIMINATION by Ed Gorman which is due for release on July 1, 2015. It is the final book in the Dev Conrad series and I am taking Dev’s finale nearly as hard as I did Sam McCain’s. Of course, my nightstand is the permanent home of the current (May 2015) issues of Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine and Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine. Finally I have a book called I Am the Messenger by Markus Zuzak, which is research for my third Read ’Em and Eat novel.

Who is your favorite novelist of all time? 
Father Andrew Greeley. His earlier novels like The Cardinal Sins are a little preachy but over time, especially with the Blackie Ryan series and the Nuala Anne McGrail series Greeley managed to give the reader a taste of ethics and morality without hitting us over the head. 


What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves? 

Well when I looked, even I was surprised that such a large portion of my library is filled with books about Irish history and the Irish in America. There is also a large section of books about the Vietnam War.

Who is your favorite fictional hero?

She may not appear heroic but I vote for Miss Marple.

   
Which book do you return to most often? 



Plain Speaking an oral biography of Harry S. Truman by Merle Miller. I’m guessing the masters of our fate in Washington, D.C. could use a little plain speaking right about now.


Bio:
Terrie Farley Moran is the author of the Read ’Em and Eat cozy mystery series published by Berkley Prime Crime. Well Read, Then Dead, nominated for the Agatha Award for Best First Novel, was released in August 2014. It will be followed by Caught Read-Handed on July 7, 2015. Terrie’s short mystery fiction has been published in Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine and various anthologies. Two of her stories have been short-listed for Best American Mystery Stories. Terrie’s website is www.terriefarleymoran.com, and you can find her blogging amid the grand banter of an eclectic group of writers known as the Women of Mystery,  www.womenofmystery.net.  On Facebook her addy is https://www.facebook.com/terriefarleymoran

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember reading Plain Speaking years ago! And actually, I find history fascinating, so I'll bet I'd enjoy those history books.

Deb said...

Love the book basket!

troutbirder said...

A little of this. And a little of that. I like it and your book review too....:)

Charles Gramlich said...

I like big print and I cannot lie! :)

Barrie said...

I LOVE Miss Marple!!