Friday, November 11, 2016

Friday's Forgotten Books

SPECIAL NOTE: I moved the Muller/Pronzini day two weeks forward. Thought we (I) needed some extra time. 

Sergio Angelini, HIS BURIAL TOO, Catherine Aird
Mark Baker, MRS. POLIFAX UNVEILED, Dorothy Gilman
Yvette Banek, THE CORNISH COAST MURDER, John Bude
Joe Barone, THE DEVIL'S STEPS, Arthur Upfield
Les Blatt, POLICE AT THE FUNERAL, Margery Allingham
Elgin Bleecker, WHOSE BODY, Dorothy L. Sayers
Brian Busby, A MAN WITH NO FACE
Bill Crider. 13 SHORT DETECTIVE NOVELS, ed. Bill Pronzini and Martin Greenberg
Martin Edwards, DEATH OF A BANKER, Anthony Wynne
Elisabeth Grace Foley, THE WHOLE FAMILY: A Novel by 12 Authors
Richard Horton, TEENAGE SCIENCE FICTION STORIES, Richard M. Elan, Jr.
Jerry House, ANTI-MAN, Dean Koontz
George Kelley, THE SWORD OF THONGOR, Robert M. Price
Margot Kinberg, MONTANA, 1948, Larry Watson
Rob Kitchin , COBRA, Deon Meyer
B.V. Lawson, DETECTIVE FICION, Mark Rpezka
Steve Lewis, POIROT LOSES A CLIENT, Agatha Christie
Todd Mason: A Variety of Mystery Magazines 
J.F. Norris, GRIEVE FOR THE PAST, Stanton Forbes
Matt Paust, STEPHEN HAWKING: A LIFE IN SCIENCE, Michael White and John Gribbin
Gerard Saylor, BAD MOON RISING, Ed Gorman
Kevin Tipple, HARD TRAIL TO FOLLOW, Elmer Kelton
TomCat, MIDNIGHT, Octavia Roy Cohen
TracyK, THE HONOURABLE SCHOOLBOY, John LeCarre
Westlake Review, Mr. Westlake and the Masterpiece

13 comments:

RTD said...

FYI . . . here is a golden oldie (republished in 2015) that might fit into your FFB list:
http://beyond221bbakerstreet.blogspot.com/2016/11/lock-no-1-by-georges-simenon-penguin.html

Todd Mason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Todd Mason said...

I redux, today, as I try to figure out how to juggle several different things and didn't finish my several books.

I'd call it
DETECTIVE STORY MAGAZINE, edited by Daisy Bacon, EQMM, edited by Frederic Dannay, THE STORY OF STORY MAGAZINE by Martha Foley...

And the back cover of Laurie Powers's reprint edition of a book by Daisy Bacon!

Yvette said...

I'm sorry, Patti. I had the wrong date set up on my post. I plead post-election stress. At any rate, I fixed it and it is now up. You know, I was going to shut down my blog as well as my Facebook page, but then I realized: hey, my blog is not about real life - I can handle that. :)

Forget about reality. That's the ticket.

J F Norris said...

Mine's up now.

Grieve for the Past by Stanton Forbes

A fitting title for our current "transitioning period."

TracyK said...

Thanks for pulling these together, and thanks for including my link.

Elisabeth Grace Foley said...

After a long while away from this event, I've got an entry today: The Whole Family: A Novel by Twelve Authors (1892), which is exactly what the title says it is!

Elgin Bleecker said...

Patti – Thanks for doing the FFB list today, and for including my post. Reading through the reviews is a much-needed break from current events.

Brian Busby said...

As you know, it's Remembrance Day on my side of the border, Patti. I've written a piece about Great War veteran Peregrine Acland and his lone novel All Else is Folly for today's Walrus online. If interested, you'll find it here:

A Man With No Face

Jerry House said...

Mine's up now, Patti: ANTI-MAN, an early SF novel by Dean Koontz from the time when he was Dean R. Koontz.

As always, thanks.

Gerard said...

Busby, wrote a really nice piece.

Unknown said...

So what's the date for the Muller/Pronzini books now?

pattinase (abbott) said...

16th.